Thursday, January 04, 2007

Looking forward to cooking


So the holidays are over, the folks are gone, the kids are back in school... and I'm not cooking anything. I may try to keep track of my new recipes this year, at least the exciting ones (good or bad). I may not. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I'm trying to recover the house from the acquisitions.

I've been trying once again to find some kind of group of people who are young, with young kids, who have taken in older nices/nephews to raise. Nothing turns up -- and when I read that less than 200,000 (and I seem to think it was closer to 140,000) families are taking care of their kin -- most of those grandparents -- I understand why we're hard to find. It's just been on my mind a lot as I consider making this brood even larger than we already are, right when it's seeming more manageable than the last two years were.

Ah, well. Shouldn't make plans anyway, since they always go awry.

No comments: